Azuki Bean Dessert
1 - 18 oz can of Red Azuki Beans
1 package of White Agar-Agar (Kanten) - contains 2 blocks of Kanten
4 3/4 cups of Water in a pot
1 heaping Tbs. Sugar
1 pinch of Salt
1 drop of Vanilla or Cinnamon
- Wash Kanten under running water & squeeze excess water out of Kanten.
- Tear washed Kanten into small pieces and soak in the pot of water for 15 minutes.
- Then cook Kanten until dissolved, stirring all the while. Add sugar and salt. Then add the can of Azuki beans -
stir constantly for at least 5 minutes until the beans are thoroughly warmed.
- Remove the pot from stove and pour the Kanten and Azuki beans in a flat pan.
- Cool and refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.